Adnyamathanha Traditional Lands Association (Aboriginal Corporation) RNTBC (ATLA) (under special administration) are the native title community organisation for the traditional custodians of Adnyamathanha country in the northern region of South Australia. The Adnyamathanha Native Title area encompasses mineral deposits which are subject to mining operations under existing Native Title Mining Agreements (NTMAs) and future potential mining activities.
About the role
Reporting to the Special Administration (Manager), this position is responsible for providing support to the Culture, Heritage and Native Title Committee (CHANT) to ensure that ATLA culture and heritage interests are recognised and protected.
Your key objectives also include:
- Support cultural surveys, monitoring and ATLA response to resource company site surveys.
- Co-ordinate the logistics and operational management of the Heritage survey teams.
- Co-ordinate ATLA representation with government, NTMA partners and other commercial entities in relation to heritage surveys/site surveys.
- Manage the procurement of cultural training for relevant stakeholders.
This is an Aboriginal designated position and only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply. Adnyamathanha people are strongly encouraged to apply.
You will need strong administration skills including the ability to manage competing demands and meet deadlines.
If you also have:
- Ability to develop knowledge and understanding of Adnyamathanha Native Title, culture and heritage.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to engage with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team and to transfer skills.
- High level of literacy and numeracy and proficiency using a desktop / laptop computer.
- Professional working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to hold all relevant security clearances such as National Police Check, Working with Children clearance etc.
- Current valid Driver’s licence
we would love to hear from you.
You will initially be required to work from your home office with regular travel to ATLA homelands.
Appointment to this position will be subject to a National Criminal History Record Check clearance. Two reference checks will be required including one recent supervisor.
We offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Non-profit status with salary sacrifice available to reduce tax and increase your take home pay
- An opportunity to really make a difference in our community
To find out more please contact Kelli Dragos from Abundance Human Resources on 0419 419 554.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter via seek online.
A merit selection process will be undertaken for this role.
The closing date for this role is 9.00am on Friday, 1 July 2022.